Open Textbook & OER Repositories
Concordia Library has created a list of open access textbook and open educational resource repositories for those who are interested in incorporating open sources into their courses. Open textbooks and OERs are openly licensed and freely available educational materials that can be used and/or adapted with few or no restrictions.
If you have copyright questions or concerns about using OERs, please contact Lynette Toews-Neufeldt
This toolkit will provide you with some considerations before you start using OERs in your classroom, in addition to strategies, practices, and web resources.
Alberta Open Educational Resources Starter Kit
Alberta OER (ABOER) Repositiory
- Albertan open access textbooks developed for a variety of post-secondary subjects.
- Peer-reviewed OERs and open textbooks to be used in a variety of post-secondary subjects.
Applied Math and Science Education Repository (AMSER)
- AMSER is a portal of educational resources and services built specifically for use by those in Community and Technical Colleges but is also free for anyone to use.
BC Campus Open Ed
- A collection of open textbooks aligned with the top 40 highest-enrolled subject areas in British Colombia.
College Open Textbooks
- College Open Textbooks has peer-reviewed several new open textbooks for use in community college courses and identified more than 250 others for consideration.
eCampus Ontario: Open Library
- The curated collection aligns with top subject areas in post-secondary education and many of the textbooks have been reviewed and vetted by educators across the country.
- Co-founded by open-education visionary Dr. David Wiley and education-technology strategist Kim Thanos, Lumen Learning is dedicated to facilitating broad, successful adoption of OER.
- Open Oregon Educational Resources promotes textbook affordability for community college students and facilitates widespread adoption of open, low-cost, high-quality materials.
- Tens of thousands of learning objects are organized into thousands of textbook-style “books” in a host of disciplines, all easily accessible online and downloadable to almost any device, anywhere, anytime.
Open Textbook Library
- These books have been reviewed by faculty from a variety of colleges and universities to assess their quality. These books can be downloaded for no cost, or printed at low cost.
- A collection of instructional content that is described and fully indexed.
- Shareable Online Resources includes open textbooks and OERs for a variety of post-secondary subjects.
- A list of open textbooks and course materials: English, Math, Philosophy, Humanities, History, Psychology, Biology…